Saturday, April 11, 2009

Adios amigos - stay connected

Am writing this from Bangalore International Airport on my way back from the reunion.  Thank you Luxie and everyone who helped us bring this idea to fruition. Also my personal thanks to everyone who took time out of their busy schedules to show up and make the reunion meaningful and fun. 
 
When I reach home, Pratham will ask me what I did when I was away.  We really did not do much (despite plans to play cricket, badminton and god knows what else...) - but what fun it was to meet everyone and have the time for endless chats/adda sessions ....walk around the campus and see how much it has grown and how much prettier it looks.... visit the hostels to discover how things have changed - washing machines on each floor (no more 'wash madi amma'); telephone extensions (no more calling out for phone calls); gym below D Block ......change was everywhere!
 
One thing quite a few of us did was to climb the water tank....which was something I do not recall doing while in IIMB - Anand was querying why I felt the need to go up there now....may need a couch session to figure this one out.  What struck me on going up there was not just how green the campus was but how it was the only green oasis in a concrete/glass sea....maybe the Diro should think about generating some revenue from carbon credits!!
 
Am not sure what the final tally of attendees was as we continued to have people who made it even as folks were departing such as Appu and Raja .....
 
Got into the taxi to the airport with a driver called Mani at 3.30 am and got chatting.  When I  shared what we had been upto over the last 2 days, I knew I had struck an instant chord with him by the way his eyes lit up.  Rest of the journey passed quickly as he described how he and his three friends have been together since attending LKG school.  Amazing!
 
 
Vinod Tahiliani
Head of Finance, Projects
Angola SPU,  BP London

Phn :+44-1932-771722
Mobile : +44-7798636381

Email : vinod_tahiliani@hotmail.com; v_tahiliani@yahoo.co.in
Work Email: vinod.tahiliani@bp.com
 

 





Windows Live Messenger. Multitasking at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment